We are delighted to be working with our longstanding client on this position. Their mission is to tackle the global crisis of fugitive plastic waste and its impact on the natural environment.
We are exclusively searching for a stellar Chief of Staff reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. You will be an active member of the Executive Leadership Team, a pivotal player with broad impact and an important hire for the business. This is a newly created and highly visible position within the organisation which requires exceptional leadership talent and an ability to lead by influencing through respect and trust rather than formal authority, possessing the highest levels of EQ and integrity.
You will have a ‘front row seat’ to learn and observe how a growth company is scaled and how an innovative product is taken to market, therefore having a growth mind-set is imperative. You will be motivated by high impact, fast-paced environments and excited by the opportunity to operate autonomously amidst ambiguity. You will be open to feedback and be encouraged to give feedback, as well as believing in the collective, everyone being aligned to the company mission. The culture of the organisation is very unique, and the working environment supports self-actualisation and professional development.
You are the kind of person who is comfortable to disrupt the status quo and a fast tracker with high levels of energy. Our client’s ideal candidate will be loyal, adaptable, extremely efficient and a reliable individual with excellent communication skills, who is ready to take on a true strategic Chief of Staff role.
· Act as an advisor and extension of the CEO, supporting with thought partnership on key projects and company initiatives. Working with an optimistic attitude, bringing excitement to your projects and the people you are working with is important.
· Create and support the development of presentations for the CEO across a range of topics including Board Meetings, internal business updates and presentations for external stakeholders to include investors, customers, key partners and suppliers. Be comfortable with internal hyper-communication.
· Lead initiatives and continuous improvement related to business operations, including best practices, and assessing key performance metrics across the organisation.
· Plan, manage and facilitate meetings for groups and individuals, including objectives, agenda, and strategic scheduling, in order to gather information or develop solutions conveying ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way.
· Organising company town halls, conferences, training, retreats, and other special internal events. Attending relevant events with or on behalf of the CEO, circulating highlights/following up on actions to help inform and update the senior leadership team with broader company deliverables.
· Working collaboratively with the CEO’s Executive Assistant with strategic long-term travel and meeting plans, ensuring they align against the long-term goals of the CEO.
· Managing the CEOs brand internally and externally through social media platforms. Building a presence and posting cadence (working in partnership internally to manage company LI page/write comms for website).
· Lead and contribute to selective strategic or operational ad-hoc projects across business functions. International travel, accompanying the CEO on business trips when required sometimes at short notice.
· Strong proficiency with IT; advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite including Office365, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of project management applications such as Microsoft Project a plus.
· Education in science, business, finance, engineering or a related field as well as solid top-tier commercial work experience OR three to five years’ commercial experience (strategy, management consultancy, operations or programme management) in a fast-paced organisation.
· An interest in environmental protection solutions / cleantech, e.g., FMCG, Pharma, Retail or similar, with an awareness of the key drivers, market landscape and trends.
· Proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills, the ability to problem solve and create structure in complex environments. High level of EQ and strong leadership skills.
· A track record of building meaningful relationships with senior stakeholders, organisational and communication skills are a necessity. Being able to work successfully with anyone in the business without a formal reporting line will be key to this position.
· Demonstrate the ability to take on large interdepartmental projects successfully seeing through to completion, multitasking whilst demonstrating urgency, prioritisation and ownership.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
· Analytical / Problem Solving
· Business Acumen
· Personal Characteristics / Culture
· Relationship Building
· Results Driven
· Strategic & Innovative Thinking
· An interest in and an appreciation for cleantech.
· A disruptor, unafraid to challenge the status quo.
· Commercial background, high level of business acumen.
· Highly motivated by our client’s mission to tackle plastic pollution.
· A skilled influencer, with the gravitas and credibility to be effective at all levels.
· Resourceful, with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and figure it out.
· A proactive self-starter, a driven individual.
· Adaptable, able to work in a small business and operate without the support of a larger corporate.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE:
Salary £80,000 to £90,000 to include pension, holiday, medical and bonus structure depending on experience.
YOUR APPLICATION IS IMPORTANT TO US, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR APPLYING:
Upon application we will send you a detailed Job Description with further role details about next steps. The recruitment process for this role is thorough, professional and will align with our clients’ expectations. After the role closing date, you will be contacted by either Sarah Howson or Marianne Whitlock to discuss your application further.
By submitting an application for this position, you confirm that:
· The information you give to us throughout the registration process is true and correct.
· You have been truthful of all facts that could affect your future employment.
We are highly committed to supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. This commitment is embraced by all of the Strategic PA Recruitment team and applies to all clients, employees and other stakeholders. We passionately believe that everyone is entitled to respect and dignity and will do our utmost to ensure you are treated with such during this process.
All applications and conversations are in the strictest of confidence. Thank you in advance for your interest and good luck with your application.